On August 1st, I posted that I had started the Ultimate Blog Challenge and that I would be writing on my blog 31 times during the month of August. We are half way there, so I thought I would check in and evaluate the progress I have made with the goals I had set for myself.
Here are the goals that I posted on my blog at the beginning of my challenge:
- Post 31 times in August (preferable once a day)
- Double the traffic to this website
- Increase my community of entrepreneurs who want to grow their business with workshops. (So be sure to download your audio in the right hand column!)
- Repurpose many of the posts into articles for the different article directories.
- Read and comment on many of the other blog challenge participants.
- Connect and make friends with the other participants.
And here is my progress report:
- Post 31 times. I have posted every day in the first 16 days of the challenge, so far so good.
- Double my traffic. When I took a look at my stats yesterday, I was overjoyed to see that I already have more visitors to my site in the first 2 weeks of August that I had the entire month of July! This blog challenge is working!
- Increase my community. Here the results are a little disappointing. While I have more people following and subscribing to the blog, not many people have actually downloaded my audio “The 5 Secrets To Turning Your Workshop Into An Explosion of Clients And Profits” or “The 3 Step Blueprint To Your Own Live Event”. I may have to make the sign up form in the side bar more noticeable or perhaps the people who are coming to my blog are not my ideal client. What do you think? (Please share your suggestions for me.)
- Repurpose many of the articles for article directories. I am behind on that, i really need t start submitting them.
- Read and comment on the other challenge participants. I have read some fabulous blog posts by the participants and I have left comments as well. My main way of finding the blogs is through the #blogboost hashtag on Twitter. I know I probably miss out on some excellent posts, but I am also finding some great ones.
- Connect and make friends. Through making comments on each others blogs I have met some wonderful new people and I am conversing with more people on Twitter, too. I am enjoying the interactions and seeing the progress everyone is making.
What are your experiences with the Ultimate Blog Challenge? How are your goals coming along? Please share in the comments.