Yes, this is the end. Of the Ultimate Blog Challenge that is. And what a challenge it was. I have met some great people, gotten a lot of wonderful comments on the blog, am up for a blog award and got a surge of new traffic and new visitors to my site. Let see how I did on my Ultimate Blog Challenge goals, as I laid them down on August 1st.
- Post 31 times in August (preferable once a day) – Well, I didn’t post 31 times; I actually posted 32 times. Never thought that would happen. Goal: Surpassed.
- Double the traffic to this website – Didn’t do that either. The traffic increased by a whopping 144%. And that was with me excluding my IP address from Google Analytics midway through the month. Goal: Surpassed.
- Increase my community of entrepreneurs who want to grow their business with workshops. This was slow at first. Thanks to those who let me know my opt in box was not very noticeable. I changed my theme and my opt in box and ever since, the opt ins have been coming in steadily. By the way, if you haven’t downloaded my audio, “The 5 Simple Secrets of Turning Your Workshop Into An Explosion Of Clients And Profits”, be sure to do that in the opt in box to your right. 🙂 Goal: Reached.
- Repurpose many of the posts into articles for the different article directories. I haven’t done that (yet). Actually, that is on the calendar today and I will do this every week as part of my marketing plan. Goal: Not reached.
- Read and comment on many of the other blog challenge participants’ blogs. I have discovered some great blogs that I really enjoyed, and commented on a bunch of them. I look forward to keep reading their posts. Goal: Reached.
- Connect and make friends with the other participants. Through the comments here on my blog, through Twitter and through comments on other blogs, I have gotten to know and connected with some great people. Again, I look forward to staying in touch. Goal: Reached.
There was one additional bonus this month. My blog, Event Strategy Solutions, is up for the #eventprofs Blog Award for the “New Kid On The Block”. I am very excited about this and the award would be the perfect end to a perfect blogging month. In order to win, I need your vote, though. Please vote here.
I will continue to keep blogging. Maybe not every day, but 3-5 times per week. I promise not to post less than 3 times per week. And Michele and Michelle, next time you have another Ultimate Blog Challenge, count me in.