This is the second blog post in a series of five with the steps you need to take to plan for a successful workshop or seminar in the coming year. Events can mean a big boost in visibility for you and your business, and allow you to make more money in a single weekend than some people make in an entire year. However, in order to create that kind of payday, you need a plan and the time to start planning for 2011 is now.
In the last post, I shared the first step: Picking The Date. In this post, we take the second step:
Step 2 – Create a checklist and a time line
Now that you have your date, you can create your timeline. Working backwards from your event date, plug in the major milestones.
- When do you have to launch your registration page?
- When do you have your venue locked in by?
- What marketing actions do you have to have in place before you launch your registration page?
- Are you going to create printed marketing materials and when do they need to be ready?
- Are you going to need help? And if so, when do you need to hire them? (Hint: the answer is yes and very soon.)
- When do your hand outs have to go to the printer?
Place all the items on your checklist on your calendar. Make sure you allow plenty of time for high intensity marketing. The biggest mistake many event planners make is not allowing enough time to truly promote the event.
For more information on creating a marketing timeline, check out the How To Get The Butts In The Seats Of Your Next Workshop Or Seminar System.
Want more tips and strategies for sharing your message, impacting more people & make more $$ doing it? Join me for a free teleseminar at http://6figureseminarsecrets.com.