I remember it clearly… It was a few years back. I was on a tear, learning as much about marketing as I could. I already knew a lot, understood about event marketing, but marketing through teleseminars, webinars and general content marketing was completely new to me.
I was listening to a teleseminar by Adam Urbanski and I was hooked. All of a sudden, a whole new world opened up for me. I was getting excited about the possibilities of a new way to market my business; through teaching. The rest, as they say, is history.
Adam is still teaching me. (Every week in fact.) And I keep learning. Not only how to market my business, which is important, but also how to serve you.
That is why I want to pass on this article by Adam. This particular article is about credibility. Although conducting workshops will give you instant credibility, it is important to have credibility beforehand if you want your attendees to register in the first place. Here are some great ways to get started.
How to Create Magnetic Credibility That Makes Prospective Clients Say Yes to Everything You Sell
Let’s say that you can get the visibility you want and attract all the new leads you want, the next hurdle to overcome is turning those prospects into paying clients. Often the big reason why prospects don’t buy is because they simply don’t believe you. Fortunately, that can be easily changed.
So how to you quickly give your credibility a healthy boost – even if you are just starting out? Here are a few proven methods that are easy to implement for everyone.
Now, if you are beginner in your business, before I give you tactics I want to point out something else first. Often the problem with credibility starts with your thinking.
New service professionals often believe that because they have only been in business for a month or two, somehow it makes them less valuable! The truth is your potential clients don’t care if you started yesterday or 10 years ago; what they do care about is whether or not you can help them!
So the first thing is to stop dwelling on the fact that you just opened shop an hour ago, and get busy creating proof how valuable you are.
OK, on we go to a few (of many) easy credibility boosting techniques.
1) Show “Demonstrable Results.”
When Tony Robins talks about how he got his first break in business he talks about “demonstrable results.” I call it HUB – Hot Undeniable Benefit of how clients are better off as a result working with you. And you goal is to demonstrate your HUB as quickly as you can by creating real results for real clients.
• Collect testimonials. I know it seems obvious, but it’s startling how few people actually do it! If you have to, do a few quick projects for free just to get good results and get good, result based testimonials and real life case studies. This is my favorite method. And I love showing off my success stories in all my promotions.
• Past performance. Even if you just started your business yesterday and have no clients, I’m sure you have done similar work before – maybe for your old employer? If so, you can get your old boss and colleagues to share how great you are at that type of work.
• Character endorsements. If you don’t have results, I’m sure you at least have some relationships and connections. Can you have a few people who know you – and who are visible and recognizable in your market – to endorse you as an upstanding and reliable person? That itself could be huge when you just staring out.
• Lifestyle proof. This isn’t always applicable. For example, since my prospects are professionals who are trading time for money, saying things like “I took three months off and doubled my business” shows that what I do works. But, if my clients were big corporations, this wouldn’t work.
2) Use Statistics and Implied Endorsements.
I’ve used this one (have seen it used) a lot. And it’s very easy to create. For example, when one of my past Platinum Mastermind Members, first started her business as a book coach she used quotes from successful people who credited writing their book as one of their big stepping stones to being more successful.
It almost read as if they were crediting her for helping them with that. Very clever! (She’s has since helped dozens, of not hundreds of people write their own books, so she has real testimonials now.) When another of my Platinum Mastermind Member was launching a brand new program she too didn’t have any testimonials (obviously, it was a brand new program!)
So I advised her to reach out to prominent players in the industry and ask them to simply endorse the methodology she was teaching. This was huge! And, again, it almost read as if they credited her for their accomplishments. You can use quotes from famous people and statistics in the same manner. The point is, these aren’t specifically saying that you have done this in the past or that you can help anyone do it in the future – but it implies so. Thus the term “implied testimonial“.
3) Develop Legitimizers
We automatically believe authorities and people in the position of authority. So your goal needs to be to turn yourself into a legitimate authority. Again, it’s easy!
• Write a book. This used to be a hard and tedious task. But today you can write your own simple book as quickly as in one weekend and have it self-published in just a few days.
• Give presentations, teach workshops, and host teleseminars and webinars. Anytime you are in front of the audience, teaching on your topic of expertise, you are automatically perceived as authority. Aside from HUB testimonials there is almost nothing better than this to build credibility.
• Create information products. This can be as easy as hosting and recording a teleseminar, or putting together a compilation of articles. But having a physical product – like an audio CD or a three-ring binder turned into a how-to manual is a powerful credibility statement.
Now, with all these tips you see how easy it is to create your own “marketing assets” – things that make you look credible and help you close more deals. Now, how do you use all these tools? Let me leave you with these last few tips:
• Use your testimonials, case studies, endorsements, pictures of products, and whatever else you’ve got everywhere you can! Put it on your website, fliers, brochures, business cards, fax cover sheets, phone answering message… Anywhere clients come in contact with you – welcome them with your “credibility tools.”
• Use all modalities: video, audio, pictures, text! And remember, that audio and especially VIDEO, are powerful in communicating your credibility! (Extra Tip: Do you have any videos of you teaching on your topic of expertise on popular video sites, like YouTube? Why not?)
• Build a “credibility site”. There is nothing better than having other people say good things about you. You don’t have to toot your own horn – let your clients do this.
Most people will never look at all the testimonials but most people will be impressed (if not down right overwhelmed) by the sheer number of people willing to go on camera and say nice things about me. And, that my friend, is a deal closing credibility booster everyone should have!
Adam Urbanski built his first million dollar business starting with only $194. You can find out his marketing secrets and get a comprehensive information marketing business model at http://www.themarketingmentors.com.
I made arrangements to get you access to a fun free webinar on how to build your own client attraction system.
In just 90 minutes you will learn real-life tested and proven marketing strategies most people will never know how to build a lead generation system so magnetic it actually makes new clients come to you.
Get all the details at http://eventstrategysolutions.com/adam.